At the Mountain Shop, you can rent gear to see what you like. Once you've rented, you can apply some of the cost of that rental to purchase! Here are a few guidelines for our try before you buy program.
- 2 standard (2 night) rentals, at a maximum of $100, can be applied to the purchase of an equivalent new item.
- For example, an AT demo package is $90 for 2 nights. This breaks down as $70 for skis and bindings and $20 for boots. If you rent this package twice, you can apply up to $100 to the purchase of a ski. Alternatively, you can apply $40 to the purchase of boots.
- Another example is renting snowshoes. A standard snowshoe rental is $10, so if you rent snowshoes twice up to $20 could be applied to the purchase of a new item at the Mountain Shop.
- 30 day rentals and season leases are not standard rentals. For example, a 30 day nordic ski package rental is $99. A standard nordic ski package rental is $25. Therefore, $50 (2 standard rentals) of the 30 day rental price can be applied to purchase.
- This is exclusive of any other discount (e.g. Mazamas).
- Rental credit must be applied to purchase within one year of rental.
If you have any questions, please ask the rental staff!