Quick and Dirty:
- A great balance of cushion and grip for long days running/hiking on any terrain - making your last miles feel like your first.
- Colors Available: Blue Coral/ Evening Primrose
- HOKA ONE ONE - Speedgoat 5 (Regular D)
- Pros: Balanced, excellent cushion, outstanding grip, all day comfort, durable
- Cons: Mesh upper lacks stability on technical terrain, not the fastest shoe
- Vibram MegaGrip soles, made from recycled materials, vegan, a half ounce lighter than their predecessor, the Speedgoat 4.
The Speedgoat 5 is my go to running shoe for commutes to work, runs in Forest Park, and long days on trails here in the PNW. I have been running in the Speedgoat 5’s since they came out and I've enjoyed them so much they have replaced my previous all-terrain running shoe, the Speedgoat 4. Not only are the Speedgoat 5’s half an ounce lighter than the 4’s they also breathe better due to the new mesh upper and with softer protective-cushioning they dampen those hard impacts on roads, rocks, and high traffic trails. My feet don’t fatigue nearly as much on long runs thanks to this shoe’s balanced cushion. Not to mention the Vibram MegaGrip soles maintain solid traction on everything from loose sand/gravel to Forest Park’s notoriously slick trails on rainy days. I even appreciate the little things on these shoes like the updated lace design which bites alot better and doesn't require double knotting. My only true complaint about these shoes is that the elastic mesh upper doesn’t provide the best stability on technical terrain.
Who it’s for:
- I’d recommend these shoes to recreational runners, hikers who are looking for a trail shoe with all day comfort, and ultra distance folks.
- Ideal for individuals who run on mixed terrain (e.g. running on roads and trails)
- Individuals with knee/hip issues or those looking for a shoe that minimizes impact will love these shoes
The Speedgoat 5’s are my choice compared to the other shoes listed below because I run on a variety of surfaces often and appreciate their cushioning for all day comfort. Additionally, the durability and traction of these shoes make them an excellent choice for a running/hiking shoe that can do it all.